The Gill Hall Community Center, located at 1255 Gill Hall Road, is for the use of Jefferson Hills community groups and Jefferson Hills residents for their private use.
Entry & Exit Procedures for the Gill Hall Community Center
You will be given two codes at the top of your permit. One for entry of the building and the other for exiting and locking the building. Once you open the building, it will remain open until midnight or until you use your exit code. Once you use the exit code the building will remain locked so be sure not to use it until you are cleaned up and ready to leave for the day/evening.
1. APPLICATION- Application for use of the Gill Hall Park Community Center will be made with the Borough Manager's office on a form provided for that purpose. Those Borough groups and organizations who desire to use the Center on a regular basis (i.e. monthly) should apply for their meeting dates by January 1st of the year in which the meeting dates are sought and must be signed by a borough resident.
2. PERMISSION- Permission for use of the Community Center will be granted first to those groups and organizations who are seeking the facility on a regular basis and then to all others.
3. FEES/DEPOSITS- The following fees are charged for the use of the Community Center: Entire Building: (Occupancy 180 people)
Entire Building (Occupancy 180 People)
Residents of Jefferson Hills
Refund (if cleaned & no damage)
ENTIRE AMOUNT WILL BE FORFEITED UPON CANCELLATION
There will be no charge for the use of the facility by organizations such as the Library, Baseball/Softball, Soccer, Recreation Board, Women's Club, Democratic Party, Republican Party, AARP, Scouting, Jefferson Fire Rescue, Gill Hall Social Club, etc. These groups will be required to pay a janitorial fee. This fee is $45.00 for the upper level, $70.00 for the lower level and $115.00 for the entire building. This fee may be waived by the Borough Manager if in his opinion janitorial services are not required after the use or if the use of the facility is in the best interest of the Borough of Jefferson Hills.
4. PARKING- Parking is available only in the lot in front of the building. Vehicles are not to park behind or along the sides of the building or on the grassy area of the park.
5. PARK AREA- Rental of the building does not give the group the exclusive use of the playground, basketball courts and volleyball court. These are separate permitted and public facilities and are open for the use of anyone with a separate permit or desiring to use them.
6. KITCHEN- Rental of the entire building gives the organization the use of the kitchen area. The kitchen is designed for heating prepared meals and making coffee only. Cooking is prohibited. If the kitchen is used, all range burners and ovens must be turned off and the kitchen thoroughly cleaned. All trash must be bagged and removed to the outside trash bin.
7. HOURS- The Gill Hall Community Center may be rented from 9:00 a.m. to midnight.
8. OPENING OF THE BUILDING- When an individual or group has been approved for the use of the Community Center, you will be given two codes at the top of your permit. One for entry of the building and the other to exit and lock the building. Once you open the building, it will remain open until midnight or until you use your exit code. Once you use the exit code the building will remain locked so be sure not to use it until you are cleaned up and ready to leave for the day/evening.
9. MISCELLANEOUS RULES-
A) Breakage or damage of any item in the Community Center must be reported to dispatch when returning the key. All groups and organizations using the Community Center will be responsible for damage and stolen property and will be required to fully replace same.
B) The use of flammable items and tools are prohibited.
C) The use of craft items, such as paint, glue, confetti and glitter are prohibited by youth groups.
D) Animals are not permitted in the building or parking lot unless special advance permission is granted.
E) Decorations (tape, etc.) are not permitted on the walls, doors or ceilings of the Community Center rooms. Table decorations only.
F) Use by businesses, agencies and persons for profit who are charging a fee, accepting financial donations, or providing sales or service is prohibited.
G) The Borough is not responsible or liable for any item(s) lost or left in the building.
10. Jefferson Hills Reserves the Right…
A) to refuse or cancel permission to use the Community Center if a resident or organization abuses its privilege to use the building or parking areas,
B) to cancel permission to use the Community Center if unforeseen circumstances necessitate Borough government to use the room. In such a regrettable event, every effort will be made to reschedule the canceled meeting for the next available date which is convenient to the applicant,
C) cancel any use due to weather or any emergency condition,
D) of final approval of all uses.