Voting District Reapportionment
The Borough of Jefferson Hills has added a voting district and reshaped some of the previous districts. If your voting location has changed due to the voting district reapportionment, you should have been notified with a mailer from Allegheny County prior to the primary election. We recommend checking your voting location before heading out to vote.
To vote in Allegheny County, you must:
· Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month
· Be at least 18 years of age on the day after election
· Be a resident of your election district for at least 30 days immediately preceding the election. Qualified voters who have moved from one district within the state during the 30 days prior to the election may vote in the district from which they moved
· Be a registered voter of Allegheny County
How to Register:
· You may register to vote at the Department of Elections at the County Office Building, Ross and Forbes Avenues, downtown Pittsburgh, between 8:30 and 4:30, Monday through Friday
· Call the county elections department at (412) 350-4500 during working hours
· Register when you obtain your driver’s license under the Motor Vehicle Law
· You must re-register if you change your party affiliation, name or address
· Registration forms are available at the Municipal Center or printed out online
In order to vote by Absentee Ballot, you must be a registered voter, (unless you are a member of the Armed Forces or a hospitalized or bedridden veteran outside your county of residence). You must also either be:
· Unable to attend your polling place due to illness or physical disability
· Absent from your municipality of residence on the day of the election during the time the polls are open due to duties, occupation or business; or
· Not attending your polling place on the day of the election during the time the polls are open due to your observance of a religious holiday.
More information on absentee voting can be found on the Allegheny County Division of Elections website.
There are nine polling districts in Jefferson Hills. Polls are open on Election Day from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM. If you need a Voter’s Registration Form, Absentee Ballot, or any other information on voting, contact the County Elections Department at (412) 350-4500. Listed on the sidebar are Jefferson Hills polling places by district (your district number is located on your voter’s ID card or can be determined here).
All precincts will be using electronic voting equipment. A simulation of the equipment can be found here.